St. Mark’s Episcopal Church was established in 1878 as St. Michael’s Mission and services were first held at a residence in Rockledge. By 1886, land had been donated near the Indian River and funds gifted for the church building. In 1890, the church’s name was changed to St. Mark’s in recognition of support from St. Mark’s Church in West Orange, New Jersey. In 1956, The St. Mark’s Parish Day School was established. Throughout the years, the original building has been remodeled and enlarged, but most of the woodwork, memorials, and stained glass windows remain.
On Sunday, April 25, 2010 the Brevard County Historical Commission dedicated a State Historic Marker at St. Mark’s Episcopal Church making it a significant historical site in Brevard County.